Making the most out of the opportunity
Uncertain times lead to uncertain decisions. Uncertain decisions make for wrong decisions; and with wrong decisions comes failure. But not all of us are destined for failure. Uncertain times can also lead to opportunities, as long as you sell with integrity.
Take Joe Wicks for example; the fitness expert understood that everyone was self-isolating and unable to enter the gym. So, he used his social channels to host a live fitness session this week which had over 1 million people watching simultaneously. Making him the #1 trend on Twitter (ahead of Coronavirus no less).
Opportunities are everywhere
There’s opportunities for all of us. Re-pitching new opportunities to your existing and new clients will be the key to helping them show their character and building long-term value with customers.
Live streaming figures have increased 10x on average this week, so replacing live events with live streams could help fill the void left in the events industry. This is just one of the opportunities that has arisen over the past few weeks. We’re certain there’s hundreds more.
Top 5 social platforms right now
As more and more people work from home, social media platforms continue to rise in users and subsequent viewers. This makes standing out from the crowd even more important. Now more so than ever. One basic rule for any platform is to ask questions. Because:
Questions = Comments = Engagement = Relevance
Relevance = Reach + Growth
With all this in mind, there are 5 channels that are absolutely crucial for businesses and individuals alike:
- Community.com – Soon to be launching in the UK, this platform is SMS in power and SMS in nature. Celebrities/Brands can speak directly to their audience without algorithms blocking their advances: allowing leaders to text with direct, organic and meaningful communication at massive scale
- Podcasting – One of the best ways to create a meaningful connections with your audience is to use a podcast. This can be done in the comfort of your own room with pretty much any laptop or computer. Podcasts stimulate deeper conversations and quite simply create more leads
- Facebook Groups – As more people and brands saturate the newsfeed, time will eventually come where groups lead the way for business interaction and lead generation. Facebook is focusing on connecting people in a real way. So, now is the time to create sub-networks that bring the community closer to you and your brand
- Instagram – Gone are the days of short, snappy captions. The algorithm now determines if a post is useful by ‘view time’. Meaning longer captions = more view time. But as always with Instagram, Consistency is key. Make sure you’re active daily to achieve the best results
- LinkedIn – This is quite simply the golden era. The channel is yet to be completely monetised like Facebook and so rewards users who are active daily. Always respond to every comment to help play the algorithm and increase your engagement with other users. It’s also quite clear that company pages don’t perform as well as individuals. Therefore making it important to ensure all your employees are active and commenting on each other’s posts to increase reach tenfold